Re: [std-proposals] A proposal on default enum initialization

From: Andrew Tomazos <andrewtomazos_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 18:55:11 +1100
On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 6:49 PM Aleksej Penkov via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the discussion and your comments.
>
> So am I right with the understanding that the idea is a ‘no-go’?

That's not how the process works. You need to write a formal proposal.
See https://www.stroustrup.com/how-to-write-a-proposal.pdf

You (or a champion) then need to present the formal proposal to WG21 at a
meeting, likely the EWGI subgroup which deals initially with language
extensions. They will then discuss it and take a vote whether they want to
consider working on it.

I'd start by writing a draft of the formal proposal and then posting the
draft document to std-proposals. We can let you know the next step once
this is done. For examples of other proposals see
https://wg21.link/index.html