Re: [std-proposals] Execute statement when leaving scope

From: Jason C <jason.cipriani_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:02:56 -0500
> What does `std:unique_ptr` add is not "already trivially possible"?

Speaking of which, in the special case where your `Handle` in your original
example is a pointer type, you can also use `std::unique_ptr` to wrap a
`Handle` as another strategy, supplying FreeResource as the custom deleter,
e.g. if `Handle` were a `void*`:

    unique_ptr<void,void(*)(Handle)> h(GetResource("monkey"),
ReleaseResource);

Not an appropriate strategy if your Handle is some other type, but useful
in certain situations.

Jason