Re: [std-proposals] [bitset] find first set bit after a position pos

From: Madhur Chauhan <madhur4127_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 22:52:46 +0530
Thanks for the comments Arthur, much appreciated!

I think the core problem is absense of an efficient iterator for bitset.

Normal random access iterator will still access each bit and that's
inefficient so we'll need something different that can process words and
then trailing bits.
If that fancy iterator exists then we don't need proposed function and
<algorithm> can be used instead.

Alternatively, compilers can optimize each bit access to process words
instead. This can further allow them to vectorize and maybe process 256
bits in a loop.