Re: [std-proposals] Character classification functions should return bool

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 11:09:33 -0700
On Sunday, 23 October 2022 05:29:14 PDT Ville Voutilainen via Std-Proposals
wrote:
> Not the underlying one, the one that in some implementations is
> system-provided. C++ implementations
> can and do provide their own implementations of <cstdlib> and <cmath>.

Indeed, but that doesn't solve the mess of workarounds. Getting WG14 to do
something would be the cleanest of course.

Do note that <ctype.h> is the worst of all, though, because all those isxxx
are macros, requiring either C lib help (glibc doesn't define them in C++ mode)
or #undef in the C++ override.

In any case, how about we add the _l explicit-locale additional functions to
C++ first?