Re: [std-proposals] Support std::numeric_limits for enums

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:12:52 -0700
On Saturday, 1 October 2022 14:12:32 PDT Gergely Nagy via Std-Proposals wrote:
> I don't think this is relevant at all. How do you tell what is the highest
> possible enum value using underlying_type for this:
>
> enum class A : int {
> x, y
> };

it's std::numeric_limits<int>::max(), which is not a value that has an
enumerator, but is valid for that type.

This clearly means I understood your question differently from what you had
intended. Which probably means that this functionality should NOT be
std::numeric_limits. It can exist in another type.