Re: [std-proposals] lambda capture rules are too simplistic

From: Edward Catmur <ecatmur_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:19:43 +0100
On Sun, 25 Sept 2022 at 15:22, Edward Catmur <ecatmur_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> What about the `might_use` problem? That wouldn't be solved by your
> proposed refinement.

Sorry, realized I'm talking nonsense here.

Still, if I understand correctly, your proposed rule would be that a
default capture captures a variable if either (a) it is odr-used, or (b) it
is used in evaluated context within a branch of a constexpr if whose
condition is dependent on a lambda template parameter. So, for example, in

auto f = [](auto a) {
    int const i = 10;
    auto g = [=] { int arr[i]; };
    if constexpr (sizeof(a) == 1)
        auto h = [=] { int arr[i]; };
};

g would not capture i, but h would. Isn't that liable to be somewhat
confusing?

On Sun, 25 Sep 2022, 09:11 blacktea hamburger via Std-Proposals, <