Re: [std-proposals] Export namespaces without namespace block, only keyword (modules)

From: Julien Villemure-Fréchette <julien.villemure_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 14:54:31 -0400
> When using headers, it is quite easy to make the functions accessible through namespaces > without wrapping the entire file in a namespace block. Simply wrap the list of functions in the header in a namespace block and prepend the namespace onto the functions in the file.

Such use of the preprocessor is against good style: in particular, header file should not be design to 'capture' context surrounding include directives and should only be included from the outermost scope (global) and usually before all declarations in the file. (even gcc's own header files stick to this rule).
see:
http://isocpp.github.io/CppCoreGuidelines/CppCoreGuidelines#sf4-include-h-files-before-other-declarations-in-a-file
http://isocpp.github.io/CppCoreGuidelines/CppCoreGuidelines#sf11-header-files-should-be-self-contained

Btw, the hole point of modules is to make it possible to minimize most use of the preprocessor.

If this is only a matter of minimizing nesting levels and indentation, then you should note that there is a formatting option for this (clang-format):
NamespaceIndentation: Inner, All

Julien V.