Re: [std-proposals] Making tuple an aggregate

From: Lénárd Szolnoki <cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 21:11:42 +0100
Hi,

What breaks by making tuple an aggregate? Would it affect ABI?

There was a good point about EBO, and I think neither `Ts... ts;` nor `[[no_unique_address]] Ts... ts;` would produce the same layout as current tuple implementations, at least on Itanium. AFAIK current implementations do make use of EBO, but they don't overlap non-empty tuple members on tail padding, while [[no_unique_address]] would do that.

Maybe it could be worked around with `[[no_unique_address]] wrapper<Ts>... ts;`, but then initialization with brace-elision can become awkward (see std::array).

Cheers,
Lénárd