Re: [std-proposals] Add operator for element wise multiplication.

From: Patrik Tegelberg <patrik_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:31:01 +0200

Overloading pointer to member actually has correct enough precedence to not be dangerous.

I think I tried, early, to overload .* but that did not compile and I did not think to try ->*.

There is also no ->*= but that is a minor inconvenience. With RVO v1 = v1 ->* v2; seem to have no cost, awesome.

So I implemented ->*.

With that I’ll concede defeat.

Thanks for your time.

I very much support your position to protect the language from pollution.

Best

Patrik

Sent from Mail for Windows