Re: [std-proposals] C-style array specialization for std::get

From: Nikolay Mihaylov <nmmm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 19:38:14 +0200
 2. @Nikolay, I can't understand how would the following implementation
 prevent me from accessing an out-of-bound index, which was the initial
 feature wanted to accomplish:

> template<std::size_t IX, typename T>
> auto const &get(T const *a){
> return a[IX];
> }

It doesn't prevent you. But it is the same for std::vector. I am
proposing the code to work in parallel of the fixed array code, not to
replace it.

However for fixed arrays I think we should check -
std::get<IX>(std::array<>) do check the bounds.