Re: Partial type definition

From: Valery Osheter <valery.o_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 18:08:07 +0300
The motivation section and the entire text document are thin, because the
whole problem is not a big deal.
Either the compiler allows to declare methods outside of the class
definition, or not.
Was it done on purpose in the language? I'm not sure. It may just be
something that the authors forgot to do.
I wanted to add my 5 cents, which is a small correction of the semantics of
the language.
This fix is very useful and attractive because it makes it easier to
separate the interface and the implementation.
I never said that this proposal is the only way to do that.
The proposal helps to simplify this separation, since the existing methods
are either over-complicated or less effective.
I also addressed the concern of the declaration mismatch and wrote that it
leads to the same error as in case of plain function - the linker error.
That is what I have. Again, the whole issue is small and clear, and I
cannot add anything more.
If it is not acceptable, then I give up.
I agree with you that I failed to convince people. This is because of my
insufficient experience and poor English.

I am ready to answer any relevant question, but I see I cannot make
progress.
If someone wants to continue with it, then I really wish good luck, and I
will support him.
I thank everybody who interested and participated.

чт, 26 авг. 2021 г. в 17:46, Thiago Macieira via Std-Proposals <