Re: Partial type definition

From: Valery Osheter <valery.o_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 10:41:12 +0300
The virtual functions are for sure not a part of this feature, because it
involves the virtual tables that are based on potentially complex classes
hierarhy.

In my example

struct foo;
void foo::bar();

foo is only the typename.
Then when compiler gots

foo& f;
f.bar();

It translates to methid call with reference this parameter &f.
No additional information about struct foo is required to generate that
method call, therefore full foo struct definition is unnecessery
restriction of the language.
My main cocern is that in some architectures, when real foo struct is
small, ABI passes *this parameter by value. I do not have a solution for
this problem.