Re: SCC / ISO IEC - C++ Superset

From: Phil Bouchard <boost_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 15:55:40 -0400
On 8/6/21 12:31 PM, Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals wrote:

> 1)
>
> "GPLv3 specifically states that you must grant all downstream
> recipients of a covered work an irrevocable, royalty free license to
> the patented component, or you can't distribute the software."
>
> So Linus, the Gnu GCC and maybe Clang communities should be happy then.
>

> 2)
>
> The ISO C++ committee can still add the framework I suggested after
> I've loosened the restrictions of the patent.
>

> 3)
>
> Commercial usages or transitions to other languages can be negotiated.

Again if people worry about my "values", I can say all my efforts are
directed on research and development in:

- astrophysics (already in touch with the ISS + muons experiment will
prove the standard model wrong within a year);

- artificial intelligence (deep learning, GPU programming, artificial
super intelligence, ...).

Where both are inevitable anyways.

--
*Phil Bouchard*