Re: SCC / ISO IEC - C++ Superset

From: Phil Bouchard <boost_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 18:55:27 -0400
On 8/4/21 6:43 PM, Jason McKesson via Std-Proposals wrote:

> Also... you never *actually* answered the point. Namely, that you're
> talking about "embracing" C++ and "extending" it with
> patent-proprietary technologies that will ensure that anyone trying to
> implement it will only be able to do so if they agree to your terms.

The ISO committee allows this in mechanics, electronics, ... and its
fine. Why not software engineering?

This memory management problem lasted since the dawn of computer
science, I offer a solution and the profits will indirectly circle back
to the community.

So I'm willing to help the community meanwhile with the framework I
suggested and to make the new SCC / ISO C++ Superset stand out against
Rust mainly while we still have time.

--
*Phil Bouchard*
Founder & CTO