Re: lvalue ref-qualified this-pointers in the standard library

From: Peter C++ <peter.cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 19:04:12 +0200
actually what you propose was in the motivation of the paper introducing ref-qualification of member functions.

I started to teach to lvalue-ref qualify user-declared assignment operators.

but changing the standard library and the language might be too much of a change with not too much of a benefit that it would be worthwhile attempting. (I have thought proposing it)

Regards
Peter

sent from a mobile device so please excuse strange words due to autocorrection.
Peter Sommerlad
peter.cpp_at_[hidden]
+41-79-432 23 32