Re: Signals & Slots

From: Tony V E <tvaneerd_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 14:17:11 -0400
Signals-slots are fundamentally difficult/impossible without a central
message pump (like Qt has), or maybe executors.

ie some way to call the slots on a different thread than the signalling
thread. And some way to better manage the lifetimes of objects vs
lifetimes of connections.

Basically, in signals-slots, your choices are:

A. risk deadlocking in a slot
B. risk calling a slot on a dead object

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvVQpIy6zc

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 10:47 AM Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> The Qt library has a great signals / slots mechanism for both synchronous
> and asynchronous (queued) signals. I'm surprised this is not still in place
> with the C++ standards.
>
> Is there anything I'm missing?
>

> Regards,
> --