Re: Static Failure - Custom Compile-Time Errors

From: David Braun <da.braun1_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:20:10 +0000
Functionally speaking, this does work but I want to create something more clear, and that does not explicitly depend on constexpr bools.

For example
if constexpr(1 == 0)
{
 static_assert(false, "Compile Error!");
}

Does not have the intended affect, in this case the static assert will always run and compilation will fail regardless. At least on MSVC 16.10.2

David Aaron Braun
519-680-9822
226-236-4898
da.braun1_at_[hidden]