Re: is_value_constructible

From: Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 19:26:55 +0200
On 02/05/2021 18:56, Arthur O'Dwyer via Std-Proposals wrote:
> In fact, from your examples, I think all you're looking for is what
> libc++ calls `__is_same_uncvref<T, U>` — i.e.,

Indeed I find the name is_value_constructible not very clear at
communicating what it's supposed to check.

(Things like __is_same_uncvref still leave me uncomfortable, in the
sense that they tell precisely what they do, but their naming still
sounds way too level to express the use-case intent. After all, we use
is_copy_constructible, not is_constructible_from_self_c_lvalue_ref or
similar).

My 2 c,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden] | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts