Re: Adding piecewise_construct - constructor to std::tuple

From: Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 16:40:48 +0100
Hi,

On 12/11/2020 16:12, Jason McKesson via Std-Proposals wrote:
> Also, I'm not sure it's actually possible to extend it to N tuples.
> `pair`'s piecewise-construction constructor is hard-coded to have 2
> template packs in it. An N-tuple version would need to have N packs.
> You can write that for any particular N, but I don't know if it's
> possible for a generalized arbitrary N.
>
> So before going down the road of a proposal, you should write an
> implementation of it.

This sounds like an addition for P2165R1. Specifically, should such a
piecewise constructor take N std::tuple objects, or N tuple-like objects
(objects that implement the tuple protocol)?

Thank you,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden] | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts