Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Finding the index of an element (std::find_first_index)
From: Giuseppe D'Angelo (giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-10-03 12:03:17

Il 03/10/20 17:46, Jason McKesson via Std-Proposals ha scritto:
> And they can do the exact same thing with the `enumerate` view
> version. We already have the tool in our toolbelt, so why do we need a
> very slightly shorter version of it?

Is it really "slightly shorter"? At least as a mental exercise, getting
an index shouldn't require creating a zipped view of elements and
indices, applying a projection to get just the element, applying a
predicate to that projection, find the first that matches, extract the
index from the pair and return it (plus figuring out how to signal "not
found")...

Thanks,

--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden] | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts