Re: This deduction and access control

From: Magnus Fromreide <magfr_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 13:43:14 +0200
On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 07:02:22AM +0100, Gašper Ažman wrote:
> You are correct, it does not. You will have to mark the method as a friend
> in derived.

Ok, so under this proposal a using-declaration of a method from a parent
ain't enough to grant the use of it from a child.

I also noticed that this is very close to Universal Functions (N4165),
but slightly limited (can only be declared as members).
Do you foresee that this will evolve in the direction of allowing freely
declared deduced members?
Why is this not subject to the issues that stopped universal functions?

(I should probably, for the record, mention that I like the proposal even if
I sound rather critical)

/MF