Subject: [std-proposals] Ptr proposal: looking for feedback
From: Jefferson Carpenter (jeffersoncarpenter2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-16 05:23:14

Hello,

I've written this ptr class for myself, and it's truly a joy to work
with. It sits in between std::shared_ptr and std::unique_ptr in terms
of safety and speed.

I do not know if it would be a good addition to the C++ standard, since
it's pretty easy to implement, and would take up space.

Attached a document describing the class.

I would much appreciate comments that point me in the right direction to
writing a real proposal and getting it discussed.

Naming things is sometimes difficult - I'm not sure what to call it.
Open to ideas.

Thanks,
Jefferson Carpenter

STD-PROPOSALS list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com