Subject: Re: [std-proposals] new approximately equal operators
From: Eyal Rozenberg (eyalroz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-08 18:04:11

What problem would adding this behavior solve? What is its significant
benefit?

If it's merely the desire to write

   if (a ~= b)

instead of

   if (almost_equal(a, b))

or

   if (almost_equal<epsilon>(a, b))

(with almost_equal being a utility function you've implemented), then I
doubt the standard committee would find it worthwhile.