Re: call (invoke) member function or static member function of a class in generic context.

From: Nikolay Mihaylov <nmmm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 18:51:08 +0300
My naming skills are awful. Naming things is one of two hardest things in
programming :)

*Another point -*

I have proof of concept LinkList implementation I made several years ago.
Iterators there there looks like:

class LinkList{
   //...
   auto begin() const -> iterator{
      return head_;
   }

   constexpr *static* auto LinkList::end() -> iterator{
      return nullptr;
   }
}

Since end() does not require anything from the object (or class) it is
marked static.

Now suppose some fancy programmer decides to do pointer to member function
- begin() or end().
How is this possible with the standard library?

- begin() have 1 parameter - e.g. instance of the class (because it
accesses private members, e.g. head_ )
- end() have 0 parameters.

With the current standard library there is no way this can be done except
"do it yourself".