Fwd: Fixing C-style arrays

From: Maciej Cencora <m.cencora_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 12:00:41 +0100
Forgot to reply to all

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Od: Maciej Cencora <m.cencora_at_[hidden]>
Date: pt., 13 mar 2020 o 00:59
Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Fixing C-style arrays
To: Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer_at_[hidden]>

As you already figured out, array == array comparison is already deprecated
in C++20.
I admit I didn't think of your third case (which I agree that should be
deprecated as well).

In this context char *argv[] is a completely different beast compared to
int a[2].
The construct 'char *argv[]' would not be affected buy the deprecation,
because the size of nested array is not provided, so it can rightfully
apply to array of any size.

pt., 13 mar 2020 o 00:48 Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer_at_[hidden]>