Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Modern std::byte stream IO for C++
From: Maciej Cencora (m.cencora_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-05 16:27:59

Unless I am missing something the endianness is a runtime property.
You should provide API that allow to serialize based on compile-time
provided endianess (either two functions different names, or templated by
endianess), as I do not want to pay the prize of runtime dispatch overhead
(+unnecessary code bloat) in scenarios where endianess is known up-front.

Regards,
Maciej

czw., 5 mar 2020 o 20:38 Lyberta via Std-Proposals <

STD-PROPOSALS list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com