Re: std::any_of, std::all_of and std::none_of without predicate

From: Michael Hava <mfh_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 18:07:47 +0000
I like the idea and I think this could be done with trivial overloads as leaving the predicates out should lead to an unambiguous overloads for these functions.

I don’t think there is any specific reason why none of these overloads exist – I’d venture a guess that they were never proposed. (You may want to find the original proposal for these functions for a rationale…)
After all these functions are C++11 additions that “just” introduce more readable names for applications of std::find_if[_not].

I’m a bit torn on the issue of enforcing that Iterator::value_type ought to be bool:
I can understand the argument that it would be dangerous to allow any implicit conversion to bool as that could lead to code that has unexpected behavior.
On the other hand I’ve seen countless uses of other types (e.g. char) instead of bool due to issues in the stdlib (vector<bool> being a prime offender).
Furthermore something like all_of(begin(ptrVec), end(ptrVec)) would be a perfect example for a potential safe(!) use-case…