Subject: Re: [std-proposals] function at() for span<> that throws exception on out-of-range, like vector and array ::at()
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-01 23:59:27

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 2:09 PM Lyberta via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I wanted to point out that making std::span API compatible with
> std::vector and std::array is still not ideal.

We won't get there anyway. For instance, comparison operators such as
operator== were deliberately removed (by P1085R2 in San Diego) because the
committee believes because span is non-owning and therefore not regular, it
shouldn't have comparison operators, even though there was no evidence
presented that this is a problem for, say, string_view users.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden] <nevin_at_[hidden]>>
+1-847-691-1404