Re: function at() for span<> that throws exception on out-of-range, like vector and array ::at()

From: Vishal Oza <vickoza_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 11:45:57 -0600
I would first measure if there are performance issues adding at to the
span's operator [] other then the performance issues with the at in
general. If there are no performance issues with the operator[] then a
justification to adding at to std::span is to adding noexcept the
operator[] and keeping the exception version with the at operator. This
might be another benefit to low latency C++ programmers to use std::span's
operator[] as exceptions can be slow. The main issue I see is should the
operator[] do any bound checking I am not sure that should be the case with
C++ programmers who are looking for the highest performance.