Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Guaranteeing more object contiguity
From: Gašper Ažman (gasper.azman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-13 13:23:12

So your thesis is effectively that we should strike "required" and
substitute "used" in

When [sizeof is] applied to a class, the result is the number of bytes in
an object of that class including any
in an array.

?

That's a very small wording change :). Though, I think you are misreading
that paragraph. In your example, sizeof(A | _ | B) would be 3, because
that's the number of bytes in that object - while sizeof( A | _ | B | _ )
would be 4 (this results from alignof(2)).

STD-PROPOSALS list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com