From: Victor Khomenko via Std-Discussion <std-discussion@lists.isocpp.org>
Sent: October 11, 2021 2:19:59 PM GMT+01:00
To: "std-discussion@lists.isocpp.org" <std-discussion@lists.isocpp.org>
Cc: Victor Khomenko <victor.khomenko@newcastle.ac.uk>, Alex <orangechicken@vivaldi.net>
Subject: Re: [std-discussion] Thoughts on making unchecked_emplace_back a public function for vector?

[It's best to use std-proposals list as you're trying to propose a new feature (this list is mostly about the current standard, things like wording/defects).]

I tried to propose something similar back in 2013, see the discussion here:
https://groups.google.com/a/isocpp.org/g/std-proposals/c/5BnNHEr07QM/m/rFgbMSAibioJ

In the course of the discussion, push_back_ was (sensibly) renamed into unchecked_push_back.

My feeling was that people generally disliked this idea, so I didn't get to writing a proposal.

All the best,
Victor.