On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 21:08 Jason McKesson via Std-Discussion <std-discussion@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 12:31 PM Gennaro Prota via Std-Discussion
<std-discussion@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 18:18 Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 19:11, Gennaro Prota <gennaro.prota@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Oh. My. God. That the committee has serious process problems was already clear, but this is really too much.
>>
>> Too much for whom? You? Why does that matter? The implementation
>> vendors have no problem with any of this.
>

> The depressing part is that you don't see the problem with it, and don't know of better ways to handle the issue. Get a course on version control. Sorry, I won't reply any further, because this is just ridiculous. And since I already accused someone else, it will end up with me appearing as a troll rather than you as incompetent.

Or you could just say what the problem is:

To put it a bit differently: they are called to produce a specification, which isn't much different from producing software.

Now, here's how these people would "release" software...: "We made version 5.4.1, but it's nowhere. Grab the source code (of version 5.4?), the minutes of the meetings where the devs discussed the changes, and the "release" notes, and apply the changes yourself. It's all public!".

But, you saw for yourself, when I said this is unacceptable, Ville basically replied with a "I don't give a shit about it".

I admit that I'm not the most diplomatic in the world, and may upset people; and that I care so much for this profession that my statements may appear exaggerated. I hope, though, this will not prevent seeing the right in what I say. Please, analyze the facts in conscience and tell if it is acceptable that they can't even handle version control.

.:: Gennaro Prota ::.
.:: https://about.me/gennaro ::.