" Most computer hardware uses base 2" ... didn't we only just get to the point where we finally insist that arithmetic be 2's-complement and are happy about it?

On Sat, Mar 6, 2021 at 2:00 PM Thiago Macieira via Std-Discussion <std-discussion@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
On Saturday, 6 March 2021 11:34:36 PST Jason McKesson via Std-Discussion
wrote:
> This is the wrong mailing list for "should this be a proposal" type
> things. You're looking for the "std-proposals" list.
>
> That being said, considering what I said above, you need an
> explanation for why hardware that is base 6 can't implement the
> standard as is.

In other words, you may want to make the hardware first, which will lead you
to think about how much existing software you want to run on it and how much
to leave out.