@Marcin Jaczewski I addressed you so that is enough. Don't have to reply to your particular email. And if big O notation as you say will give nothing then you are not a person that I wish to discuss things with you. Also your explanation either or both doesn't make sense nor you don't understand how Big O works.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 10:26 AM Marcin Jaczewski <marcinjaczewski86@gmail.com> wrote:

pt., 10 lip 2020 o 08:26 Artur Czajkowski <atch.cpp@gmail.com> napisał(a):
@Marcin Jaczewski
I'm not talking about putting limits on compilation time. I'm talking about introducing constraints in a form of Big O notation with regards to time complexity that needs to be met by compiler implementer in order to conform to the standard.

Big O notation will give you nothing, this could be the same case as `std::map` and `std::vector`, with one have better big O guarantees and with one you should use?
And again you ignored the fact that I show you an example when putting any restriction on complexity you prevent compiler optimizations (if it have a bigger than given O haractersitic).
Another important question is how you define this `n` in `O(n)`? Number characters in source file? Tokens? Classes?
This is why I suggest putting hard limits on users, because with them everything could be described as very "fat" `O(1)`.

Btw could you reply to my email, not to some random one? Or at least put a proper quote of its text.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 11:34 PM Mandeep Sandhu via Std-Discussion <std-discussion@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:

> Overload resolution. Try passing suffixed-string literals,
>
> const std::unordered_set<std::string> my_set ({"item1"s, "item2"s, ....});

I tried creating UDL strings like you suggested (but with a space
between the literal & s), but it doesn't compile for me.

A simple program like:
const unordered_set<string> myset ({ "a" s, "b" s, "c" s, });
int main()
{
  cout << "size of myset = " << myset.size() << endl;
}

Doesn't compile, I get the error:
error: expected ‘}’ before ‘s’
    7 | const unordered_set<string> myset ({ "a" s, "b" s, "c" s, });

Maybe I'm doing it wrong (I haven't used UDLs before).

Thanks.
-mandeep

Best regards
Artur Czajkowski