On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 4:35 PM Tadeus Prastowo <tadeus.prastowo@unitn.it> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 11:00 PM Brian Bi <bbi5291@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://eel.is/c++draft/container.requirements.general#12
>
>> Unless otherwise specified (either explicitly or by defining a function in terms of other functions), invoking a container member function or passing a container as an argument to a library function shall not invalidate iterators to, or change the values of, objects within that container.

Thank you very much for pointing that out.  Any idea why that passage
mentions only the word "iterator" but not "reference"?

I don't know. Maybe it's just an oversight, maybe they thought it was obvious. I am also curious about the answer now.

> I suppose that the first sentence of [sequence.forwardlist.modifiers]/1 is redundant.

Yes, unless the words "reference" and "iterator" imply different things.

Good point... they do imply different things. But I would be surprised if there isn't also an (implied) general requirement for container member functions to not invalidate references unless the standard specifies otherwise.

--
Best regards,
Tadeus

--