C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Comparison operators

From: Jason McKesson <jmckesson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 15:22:17 -0500
On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 2:47 PM Vladimir Grigoriev via Std-Discussion
<std-discussion_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I saw these parts of the Standard.
>
> Nevertheless the first reference does not make clear what is the difference between the «synthesized three-way comparison» operator function and just the three-wat comparison operator function. And in fact it does not provide the definition of the term «synthesized three-way comparison».

It *is* the definition of that term. That is where it is defined. That
entire paragraph is what defines it.

As for the difference... I'm not really sure why that needs to be
stated. The standard has places where a synthesized operator is used
and where an operator is used.