C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Portable unicode string and missing snwprintf function

From: Nicolas M <kiruahxh_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 23:07:20 +0100
Snprintf and swprintf are not equivalent, because with swprintf we cannot
determine the size to allocate to the resulting formatted string.

Swprintf doesn't accept nullptr as an output argument, nor does it return
the total expected size. We have to allocate buffer of increasing size and
hope that the formatting sting and arguments are valid.
https://stackoverflow.com/a/46289793/3412316