C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Deduction guide of std::unordered_map for iterator range and allocator

From: Daniel Krügler <daniel.kruegler_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 20:17:45 +0200
Am Di., 5. Juli 2022 um 19:55 Uhr schrieb Daniel Eiband
<daniel.eiband_at_[hidden]>:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thank you for the link to LWG 2713! It is good to see these overloads to be added.

Keep in mind that the issue still has the status New and the currently
presented proposed wording has not been decided yet.

> However it still seems like the following deduction guides for the set types std::unordered_set and std::unordered_multiset are missing:
>
> unordered_set(InputIterator, InputIterator, Allocator)
> unordered_set(initializer_list<T>, Allocator)
>
> unordered_multiset(InputIterator, InputIterator, Allocator)
> unordered_multiset(initializer_list<T>, Allocator)
>
> As far as I can see, for the map types std::unordered_map and std::unordered_multimap they are already in C++17, but not for the set types and LWG 2713 does not introduce them either.

I agree, that these should be added as part of this issue which is
introducing these constructors. You can send an email to the lwgchair
address (Can be found in the header of
https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/lwg-active.html) and describe your
observation in relation to LWG 2713. This will very likely have the
effect that someone will take care of this comment.

Thanks,

- Daniel