C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: DestructorConstructor - a class destructor with parameter

From: Maciej Polanski <maciejpolanski75_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 18:10:12 +0100
Generally, parametric destrucor syntax would need a "deinitialization
list", symmetrically to constructor. I am not sure about details, but
this would looks like:

//---
class cDerivedC : public cBaseC {

      std::string a; // on deinitialization list - handled manually,
no auto-destructor
      std::string b; // on list with parameter - call delegated to its
own parametric destructor
      std::string c; // not on list - normal (non parametric) automatic
destructor

public:
      ~cDerivedC (cDerivedSink* sink)
         baseC( (cBaseSink*)sink ),
         a,
         b(sink->b)
         { sink->TakeOverA(a);}

};
//------

Then "destructive move", aka "DestructorConstructor", will be a special
case of this general semantic.

And default destructive move will have all those auto-matching correct
fields capabilities that you propose, like moving field "a" to
"target->a", initializing base class of target from base class of source
itd.