C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Default template parameter for uniform erasure

From: Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 02:25:57 +0200
Hi,

Il 21/10/20 02:04, Jason McKesson via Std-Discussion ha scritto:
> Ignoring the issue of compatibility, I'm not sure if removing all
> default-constructed elements of a list is common enough to warrant
> making this easier for people.

Well, the point is that it's not just the default constructed, it's
anything list-initialized without an explicit type:

  erase(vector_of_points, {4, 2});
  find(contact_list, {name, number});

and so on. Defaulting the template argument should be in principle
possible in all these cases, unlocking these use cases.

Thanks,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden] | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts