C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Making the new expression smart

From: Farid Mehrabi <farid.mehrabi_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 01:45:49 +0330
As the OP I should have been more responsible in keeping the thread on the
correct track. While I have ideas about other matters being discussed under
here. I appreciate any positive/negative feedbacks on changing the
overloading syntax/semantics of operator new. I do exactly mean to code
like this:

unique_ptr<int> uptr= new(unique) {1};//deduce int from decltype(*uptr);
*uptr==1;
auto sptr= shared_ptr<int> {new(unique) {2}};//deduce int from
decltype(*sptr); convert from unique_ptr to shared_ptr; *sptr==2;
int* ptr= new(unique) int{3}//compile error: "operator
new(decltype(unique)) int" follows smart rules

regards,
FM.

‫‪Farid Mehrabi‬‏ <‪farid.mehrabi_at_[hidden]‬‏> در تاریخ پنجشنبه ۱۷ سپتامبر
۲۰۲۰ ساعت ۱۳:۵۶ نوشت:‬

--
how am I supposed to end the twisted road of  your hair in such a dark
night??