C++ Logo

STD-DISCUSSION

Subject: Re: Sequential containers. Method erase with the iterator returned by end()
From: Andrew Schepler (aschepler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-04-29 11:15:24

And in particular, [sequence.reqmts]/3 says "In Tables 87 and 88, ... q
denotes a valid dereferenceable constant iterator to a, ...". The
one-argument erase entry in Table 87 is "a.erase(q)". Since a.end() is not
dereferenceable, passing it to a.erase() violates the table's implicit
requirement, and so has undefined behavior.

-- Andrew Schepler