C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Noexcept specification of basic_string's move assignment operator in C++11 and C++14

From: Gennaro Prota <gennaro.prota_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:38:55 +0100
On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 11:26 AM Daniel Krügler
<daniel.kruegler_at_[hidden]> wrote:
    [...]
> > But what is, *formally*, the situation? That C++11 and C++14 remain
> > buggy and that an implementation which applies a fix is non-conforming?
>
> I'm sorry, but I'm not the proper person to answer this question.

But the answer follows from your other answer below :-)

> > That is, must the operator be noexcept( true ) in C++11 and C++14?
>
> According to the specification of C++11 and C++14: Yes.

So, an implementation which uses something different is non-conforming
:-)

Thanks, I'll comment on the Cppreference page with a link to this
discussion.

.:: Gennaro Prota ::.
.:: https://about.me/gennaro.prota ::.