C++ Logo

STD-DISCUSSION

Subject: Re: Is there any way to override constructors for primitive types?
From: Peter C++ (peter.cpp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-02-19 06:00:53

One can wrap those types in classes (using struct) and implement according constructors and overloaded operators. However at a loss of efficiency when passing as value parameters if the destructors are non-trivial (with Output it is)

I have no problem explaining lifetime ending at }

Only later, when class types are introduced I show that once using a tracer class without member variables.

I suggest you learn C++ well, before starting to teach it.

sent from a mobile device so please excuse strange words due to autocorrection.
Peter Sommerlad
peter.cpp_at_[hidden]
+41-79-432 23 32