Patterns: Yes, reflection+generation will let us write lots of* patterns as libraries, and even many language features as libraries, and that's huge. (* not “all”… careful not to oversell)

Examples: Yes, please be example-driven. Most of the page count of my 45-page P0707 is examples with full code, because I spent a lot of time trying out how to write specific patterns (many of them compiling and running using an initial prototype) before I felt the paper was ready to publish as an R0. In fact those examples take up most of the 45-page paper, including that I wrote code for the following:

This was a lot of work, and much of the P0707-syntax code should translate well to another syntax so I hope this can help accelerate others writing examples in their own syntax.

A request please: If you’re proposing a syntax, please try to demonstrate at least some of the P0707 examples in your alternative syntax. It would be super useful to see what’s easier/different – I’d love to see a Tony table of a P0707 example compared to the equivalent in another proposal!

I would be happy to help and answer questions if you like, just reach out privately please.

Herb