Re: CodeReckons CppMeta compiler

From: Jean-Baptiste Vallon Hoarau <jeanbaptiste.vallon_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 22:03:45 +0100
Hello everyone,

The differences can be quickly summarized as follows :

- the reflection API is typed
- the reflection domain includes statements and expressions (so we're able
to traverse a function's body, for example)
- anything that can be reflected, can be constructed/injected. so we can
create expressions, statements, or declarations. Our use cases
cover operators generation/interface generation (member
functions synthesis), symbolic differentiation (expressions traversal and
synthesis), string matching (statements synthesis), and static analysis
(statements/expressions traversal, inspection of functions parameters),
among other things.
- we can emit diagnostics at compile-time, and transform value of builtin
types to text (we've also constexpr-ised std::format to help emit
diagnostics)

This is of course a very brief summary of the differences, and they will
hopefully be better demonstrated by the articles.

-Jean-Baptiste