Re: Update: P1240R2 — Scalable Reflection

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:53:19 +0200
On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 at 18:46, Daveed Vandevoorde via SG7
<sg7_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> #1: "still error?" is an error both times
> #2: ""
> #3: first "still error?" is an error, second is not
> #4: neither are errors
>

> If we enabled the feature, I would expect #1 or #2 (likely the latter).
>
> #3 and #4 would make all of constant-evaluation pay to make it possible. I don’t think that’s acceptable.

Right. The fooMemsB uses are presumably expected to be okay, right? In
other words, if your namespace
has added members since you last asked, asking again would get you
those members. The results
of previous queries remain unchanged, and don't magically extend. That
does sound like the lifetime
of the results is hidden/bit-weird, but perhaps we can live with that.