Re: [SG5] SG5 teleconference tomorrow

From: Victor Luchangco <victor.luchangco.work_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 13:07:00 -0500
Hi folks,

Of course I left things to the last minute, but I did actually make a draft
of the wording changes. It just takes what was in the old TS and strips
out the irrelevant parts. I tried to update it to reflect changes in the
sectioning in the new C++ standard. However, it doesn't have language
describing what is legal within an atomic block. I don't currently have
anything specifying that calling constexpr functions is okay, for example.
I vaguely recall that people said there was some reason (not just the
sectioning changes) that I should look at the new C++ standard, but I can't
remember why now, so anything that ought to reflect such is not reflected
in this draft. Happily, it is only 4 pages. (About 18 pages of the
original TS was due to specifying library functions should be
transaction-safe, and we may need to include something similar in the new
spec, but I'm not sure.)

- Victor

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ro1hj--wM1uz9YwFY_Vv-otiBdIG6-OXSJETMgxzMAE/edit?usp=sharing