On Sat, Feb 12, 2022 at 4:02 PM Victor Zverovich <victor.zverovich@gmail.com> wrote:
As an option we could remove the more "controversial" locale part. '0' and 'P' seem OK and there were some requests for the former.

Yes, please!

BTW is there an implementation?

- Victor

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 3:29 PM Victor Zverovich <victor.zverovich@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn't say that I like the locale part. I agree that it's a bit hacky but I didn't feel strongly enough to object to the whole paper, just called it out.

- Victor

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 2:28 PM Peter Dimov <pdimov@gmail.com> wrote:
I now officially can't tell when Victor will like a <format> addition or not.

Allowing locale-dependent printing of pointers in order to get a more
readable representation seems a hack to me. If the user goal is a
more readable pointer representation, we should be providing a direct
way to obtain it, not something that abuses the localization mechanism
to achieve it indirectly.