On 9/8/20 10:09 AM, Peter Brett via SG16 wrote:
Hi all,

If you have already formulated any comments or suggestions with regard to this
paper, I'd really appreciate that you share them now so that I have the chance
to think about them in advance of tomorrow's SG16 meeting.

If there is consensus to move in this direction, then we should discuss wording strategy.  As is, the proposed wording creates a hole in the standard by removing the formation of implicit universal-character-names.  Grammar terms like identifier-nondigit will need updates to recognize non-universal-character-names outside the basic source character set.  identifier-non-digit is currently defined as:

identifier-nondigit:
    nondigit
    universal-character-name

nondigit: one of
    a b c d e f g h i j k l m
    n o p q r s t u v w x y z
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M
    N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z _

Similar updates will be needed for c-char and s-char, and possibly for r-char, h-char, and q-char.  An audit of universal-character-name would likely reveal where additional updates would be needed.

Tom.

If you plan to take part in the meeting tomorrow then please take the time to
read the paper.

Best regards,

                              Peter